Forest Creek Community Development District (the “District”) was established on March 8, 2005 in Manatee County, Florida pursuant to the Uniform Community Development District Act of 1980, otherwise known as Chapter 190, Florida Statutes and Manatee County Ordinance 05-024
The Act provides, among other things, the power to manage basic services for community development, power to borrow money and issue bonds, and to levy and assess non‐ad valorem assessments for the financing and delivery of capital infrastructure.
The District was established for the purposes of financing and managing the acquisition, construction, maintenance and operation of certain infrastructure necessary for community development within the District.
The District is governed by a Board of Supervisors (“Board”), which is comprised of five members. The Board of Supervisors of the District exercise all powers granted to the District pursuant to Chapter 190, Florida Statutes.
The Board has the final responsibility for:
- Assessing and levying assessments.
- Approving budgets.
- Exercising control over facilities and properties.
- Controlling the use of funds generated by the District.
- Approving the hiring and firing of key personnel.
- Financing improvements.
Statue 189.069 required links to be posted on the district’s website:
- The Florida Department of Financial Services: https://www.myfloridacfo.com/
- Annual financial report submitted to the Florida Department of Financial Services: https://apps.fldfs.com/LocalGov/Reports/AdHoc.aspx
- The Official Website of the District: https://www.forestcreekcdd.org/
- Generally applicable ethics provisions:
- The Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees, adopted by the Legislature as Part III of Chapter 112, Florida Statutes, contains standards of ethical conduct and disclosures applicable to those in local government such as this district.
- 2019 guide to the SUNSHINE Amendment and Code of Ethics for Public Officers and Employees: http://ethics.state.fl.us/Documents/Publications/GuideBookletInternet.pdf?cp=201942