Irrigation Hours & Restrictions*
- Irrigation of existing lawns and landscaping is limited to once a day, two times per week.
- Irrigation days are by address.
- Irrigation is only allowed before 10 a.m. or after 7 p.m. on approved days.
- The Forest Creek CDD Irrigation System is off every Monday except as required for maintenance by the CDD Landscape vendor.
- Restrictions apply to all potable (drinking) water and all irrigation waters that come from wells, surface water sources including retention ponds, rivers, lakes, etc. Violations of this directive carry fines up to $10,000 as provided for under Florida Statute §373.129(5).
- For additional information see Manatee County Watering Restrictions.
* Note: The Forest Creek Irrigation System is equipped with a rain sensor which automatically shuts the system down during rain and then resets after a period of time afterwards.
Resident Irrigation Maintenance*
- The Forest Creek CDD Irrigation System is on all day every Saturday and Tuesday for residents to perform maintenance, not for irrigation of lawns.
- The resident or licensed vendor must be present during maintenance.
- Maintenance is limited to 15 minutes per zone.
Watering Days By Address*
- EVEN addresses (last digit is 0,2, 4, 6 or 8) may only irrigate Thursday AND/OR Sunday
- ODD addresses (last digit is 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may only irrigate Wednesday AND/OR Saturday
- Manatee County definition of Reclaimed Water: “Water that has received at least advanced secondary treatment and is reused after flowing out of a wastewater treatment facility.” [Click here for source]
- The District irrigation system source is a retention pond, not reclaimed water as defined by Manatee County and the irrigation hours & restrictions above apply.