The Forest Creek CDD Irrigation Policy
Irrigation Hours & Restrictions*
- Irrigation of existing lawns and landscaping is limited to once a day, two times per week, per Manatee County.
- Irrigation is only allowed before 10 a.m. or after 7 p.m. on approved days.
- Irrigation days are by address (see below), per Manatee County.
- Residential Irrigation is either Wednesday & Saturday or Thursday & Sunday depending on address (see below).
- CDD “Common Area” Irrigation is on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- The Forest Creek CDD Irrigation System is off every Monday except as required for maintenance by the CDD Landscape vendor.
Watering Days By Address*
- EVEN addresses (last digit is 0,2, 4, 6 or 8) may only irrigate Thursday AND/OR Sunday
- ODD addresses (last digit is 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9) may only irrigate Wednesday AND/OR Saturday
- There is no residential watering allowed on Monday, Tuesday and Friday.
Resident Irrigation Maintenance*
- The Forest Creek CDD Irrigation System is on all day every Saturday and Tuesday for residents to perform maintenance, not for irrigation of lawns.
- The resident or licensed vendor must be present during maintenance.
- Maintenance is limited to 15 minutes per zone.
Additional Manatee County Restrictions
- Manatee County restrictions apply to all potable (drinking) water and all irrigation waters that come from wells, surface water sources including retention ponds, rivers, lakes, etc. Violations of county watering restriction directive carry fines up to $10,000 as provided for under Florida Statute §373.129(5).
- Manatee County Code Violations can be reported on this Manatee County Web Site Page.
- For additional information see Manatee County Watering Restrictions.
- Manatee County definition of Reclaimed Water: “Water that has received at least advanced secondary treatment and is reused after flowing out of a wastewater treatment facility.” [Click here for source]
- The District irrigation system source is a retention pond, not reclaimed water as defined by Manatee County and the irrigation hours & restrictions above apply.
* Note: The Forest Creek Irrigation System is equipped with a rain sensor which automatically shuts the system down during rain and then resets after a period of time afterwards.