Forest Creek Residents,
At Forest Creek, there is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of residents and staff. We would like to provide an update on the status of our facility, including what actions we are taking to safeguard the health of our community. Your cooperation as residents, neighbors and friends is critical in the successful implementation of our policies. We are carefully following and implementing guidelines from the State of Florida, Manatee County, the CDC and our insurer and will continue to communicate updates as guidelines and Phases change.
We are pleased to announce Phase 1 reopening will be on June 8th, 2020.
Phase 1 Procedures
The District will monitor compliance to procedures and make changes as required. Evaluation of usage patterns during phase 1 may require additional adaptations to accommodate usage. Anyone not following the proper procedures will be asked to leave the pool area and could have their amenity privileges suspended in the future. See the CDD Rules for Common Areas, 18 August 2018 for pool/spa rules.
All users use the pool, pool deck, and other District facilities at their own risk. The District cannot and does not guarantee that the facilities are free of COVID-19 or other health or safety risks. There are no lifeguards on duty at any time.
- Pool/SPA Phase 1 Operating Hours: Hours of operation will be 7 days a week, 10:30am to 6:00pm.
- Clubhouse: Will remain closed for Phase 1. Rentals are temporarily postponed until further notice.
- Basketball Court: Open, maintain social distancing.
- Playgrounds: Open, maintain social distancing.
- Fitness Center: Will remain closed during Phase1.
- Guests: Guests are NOT permitted during Phase 1.
- Capacity: For Phase 1, the capacity inside the pool/spa area inside the entry gate will be limited to 30 patrons (50% of pool plus spa permitted bathing limits).
- SPA Permit Bathing Limit is 7
- Pool Permit Bathing Limit is 52
- 50% of the combined limits rounds up to 30 patrons allowed in Phase 1.
- Entry/Exit: Access the pool/spa area through the gate next to Clubhouse using your assigned FOB.
- Deck Furniture: Deck layouts will ensure individuals can remain at least 6 feet apart from those they don’t live with. All tables and lounge chairs will be separated and are not to be moved. Staff will clean furniture at the start of each day. Residents will self-clean prior to use. No outside furniture allowed.
- Illness: We have implemented a strict policy regarding residents and staff who are feeling ill. If you are or appear to be exhibiting symptoms, you may not access the amenities and will be asked to leave. Please stay home if you or someone in your household is sick or if they have symptoms of COVID-19, have tested positive for COVID-19, or were exposed to someone with COVID-19 within the last 14 days.
- Hand Hygiene and Respiratory Etiquette: All patrons are encouraged to wash their hands often and cover their coughs and sneezes.
- Cloth Face Coverings: All patrons are encouraged to cloth face coverings as feasible. Face coverings are most essential in times when physical distancing is difficult. Do not wear them in the water.
- Social Distancing: We ask that all patrons always maintain a six-foot distance from others. Families living in the same households may sit together. Please do not move tables or lounge chairs.
- Cleaning: Our staff is cleaning all areas of the facility daily, with additional cleanings for high-touch surfaces. Patrons should bring cleaning supplies (or use supplies provided by the District) to wipe down furniture, railings, handles, and other high touch areas between uses.
- PPE: Our staff members will be wearing masks when interfacing with residents and while cleaning. Masks are encouraged for residents, especially when interacting with staff members.
- Restrooms: We will have increased cleanings throughout the day. Please wash hands frequently and when using the restrooms.
- Signage: CDC approved signage will be posted at the entrance, restrooms, and throughout the pool/spa area.
- No outside furniture allowed.
- No pool toys permitted.
- Water fountains will be shut off.
- The grill and outside refrigerator will not be available for use.
Pool access will be limited to 50% occupancy in phase 1. A maximum of 30 people will be granted access past the gate at the same time on a first-come, first-serve basis. There will not be a reservation process. For the courtesy of all residents, we ask that you limit your visit at the pools to a maximum of 2 hours weekly from Sunday- Saturday.
If capacity for the pool has been reached you will be asked to wait outside the access gate until a sufficient number exit and room becomes available to accommodate you. Please follow social distancing guidelines while awaiting entrance.
Anyone not following the proper procedures will be asked to leave the pool area and could have their amenity privileges suspended in the future. See the CDD Rules for Common Areas, 18 August 2018 for pool/spa rules.
The Board of Supervisor has authority to make any decisions regarding changes to these procedures.
The above information will be sent to all residents via USPS, email blast, and posted on the CDD website. Future dissemination will be via email blast and website postings. The Board of Supervisors, Forest Creek CDD encourage you to sign up for email blasts that are sent out on to inform all residents of important happenings, events, and announcements.
You can also visit the CDD website at www.forestcreekcdd.org for CDD information and to sign up for email blasts.
Thank you all so much for all of your support as we work to navigate best solutions during these challenging times. We thank you for your continued patience with reopening and are very excited to welcome everyone back very soon!
Be well, Be safe,
The Forest Creek Board of Supervisors and Staff