Community Development District General Meetings
The Board of Supervisors of the Forest Creek Community Development District (the “District”) will hold meetings at The Forest Creek Club House located at 11685 Old Florida Lane, Parrish, Florida 34219. As noted, some meetings will be held at The New Hope Baptist Church, located at 9422 Old Tampa Road, Parrish, Florida 34219.
Board meetings shall be noticed in accordance with Florida law, as amended from time to time. In accordance with §189.69, Florida Statutes, materials in support of the Board meeting agenda will be posted on the District website if available in an electronic format at the time the agenda is posted.
The meetings are open to the public and will be conducted in accordance with the provisions of Chapter 190.006, Florida Statutes and Forest Creek CDD Resolution 2019-04.
Residents are invited to address the directors at Board meetings. Unless otherwise indicated, the following procedures shall apply to Board Meetings:
- Residents’ addresses at Board meetings shall be permitted during the “audience comments” portion of the agenda at the beginning of each Board meeting, unless otherwise noted on the Board meeting agenda or permitted by the Board.
- Residents’ addresses at Board meetings are limited to issues that directly concern propositions before the Board on the Board meeting agenda. Comments about items that are not on the Board meeting agenda or extraneous conversations or remarks are inconsiderate to the Board and other residents, and they shall be ruled out of order by the chairperson.
- Residents’ addresses on agenda items at Board meetings may be up to three (3) minutes total. Time may not be yielded or assigned from one person to another. The Board meeting chairperson’s determination shall be conclusive and final concerning whether a time limit is exceeded by a resident or their representative.
- The Board may require residents to sign up immediately before any meeting in order to address the Board.
- Residents’ addresses at Board meetings may only commence when a speaker is recognized by the meeting chairperson. To be recognized at any meeting, raise one hand for identification; however, at the chairperson's discretion, when a large number of persons seeking to make addresses at the meeting are present, the chairperson may require residents to sign up or line up in a particular location. Residents who are not recognized by the meeting chairperson shall not be permitted to speak out of order.
- Residents will be permitted to provide comments, information, ideas, and constructive criticism regarding propositions before the Board and agenda items. Residents shall not knowingly provide false information. No obscene or profane language and no derogatory or offensive comments shall be permitted at any Board meeting. No shouting or other disruptive behavior shall be permitted at any Board meeting. The meeting chairperson may require any person using obscene or profane language, making derogatory or offensive comments, or engaging in disruptive behavior to leave the Board meeting premises.
- To allow proper minutes at the beginning of an address, a resident shall announce his or her name and address.
- To avoid delays, a resident’s address shall be made from the resident’s chair. Unless directed by the chairperson of the meeting, it is not necessary to speak from an aisle.
- Board meetings shall be adjourned two hours after the meeting begins, unless the chair authorizes otherwise or unless the directors, by majority vote, elect to extend the time for the Board meeting.
Tape Record or Videotape Meetings. Residents may tape record or videotape Board meetings, subject to the following reasonable restrictions:
- The only audio and video equipment and devices that residents are authorized to use at any such meeting is equipment that does not produce distracting sound or light emissions.
- Audio and video equipment shall be assembled and placed in position in advance of the commencement of the meeting.
- During a meeting, anyone videotaping or recording a meeting shall not be permitted to move about the meeting room in order to facilitate the recording.
- A resident desiring to utilize any audio or video equipment to tape record or videotape a meeting shall deliver written notice so that the notice is received by the District Manager at least two business days before the meeting.
Pursuant to provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act, any person requiring special accommodations to participate in these meetings is asked to advise the District Office, at least 48 hours before the meetings. If you are hearing or speech impaired, please contact the Florida Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1, or 1-800-955-8771 (TTY) 1-800-955-8770 (Voice), who can aid you in contacting the District Office.
A person who decides to appeal any decision made at the meeting/hearing/workshop with respect to any matter considered at the meeting/hearing/workshop is advised that person will need a record of the proceedings and that accordingly, the person may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, including the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
|DATE||TYPE OF MEETING||TIME||LOCATION|
|November 4, 2020||General Meeting||6:00 PM||Cancelled|
|December 2, 2020||General Meeting||1:00 PM||Forest Creek Club House|
|January 6, 2021||General Meeting||
|Forest Creek Club House|
|February 3, 2021||General Meeting||6:00 PM||Forest Creek Club House|
|March 3, 2021||General Meeting||
|Forest Creek Club House|
|April 7, 2021||General Meeting||1:00 PM||Forest Creek Club House|
|April 21 2021||Budget Workshop||1:00 PM||Forest Creek Club House|
|May 6, 2021||General Meeting||6:00 PM||New Hope Baptist Church|
|June 2, 2021||General Meeting||1:00 PM||Forest Creek Club House|
|July 7, 2021||General Meeting||1:00 pm||Forest Creek Club House|
|July 21 2021||Budget Workshop||6:00 PM||
Forest Creek Club House
|August 5, 2021||General Meeting||6:00 pm||New Hope Baptist Church|
|September 8, 2021||General Meeting||1:00 pm||Forest Creek Club House|
1 In the event Executive Order authority to hold telephonic meetings is rescinded or expires, the District may revert to having the meeting at the date, time, and physical location previously noticed.
There are no files available for the selected folder.
CDD Email Newsletter
Sign up for our newsletter. Please read the Terms & Conditions before communicating electronically.
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.